Code Enforcement

Code Enforcement
If you have received a notice, please ensure you have read through the description of Code Enforcement and our FAQ’s. If you still have questions, feel free to call our office at 806-839-2633.

What is Code Enforcement?

Code Enforcement is the act of a city enforcing and ensuring compliance with previously adopted city ordinances. Code Enforcement can be defined as: collaboration between the city, property owner, and surrounding property owners to maintain, improve, or remove nuisances that impact the community property values, and quality of life in a positive manner.

What is our goal with Code Enforcement?

Our goal with Code Enforcement is to work as a liaison between property owners and city administration to produce improvement to the community and property owners overall. We can mediate and problem solve with property owners and city administration for long-term positive results! Additionally, in an effort to maintain safe, sanitary, and livable communities, we ensure a nonbiased, fair, and transparent process to address violations and work toward solutions.

Why has your city hired us?

TCG provides communities with affordable and professional alternatives to traditional code enforcement. TCG offers the opportunity for a 3rd party advocate for the property owner, city administration, and surrounding property owners, seeking solutions that benefit all three parties!

Violation Process


Code Enforcement

What constitutes a city ordinance violation?

To be in violation of a city ordinance includes, but is not limited to, High Grass/Weeds, Rubbish/Debris, Junk Vehicles, and Substandard Structures.

Where can I find a copy of my city ordinance?

You may find your city ordinances at websites like Franklin Legal, Municode Library, or your local city website.

How do I know what the violation is?

The description of the violation is described in the notice. Please call our office at 806-839-2633 if you have specific questions.

Am I responsible for the right of ways adjacent to my property?

You will need to review your local city ordinance to determine what areas you are required to maintain. Alley ways and frontage properties are generally the responsibility of the landowner.

I have received a letter, but I am no longer the owner of the property, what do I do?

If you received a letter for a property you no longer own, please contact our codes department immediately at 806-839-2633.

I received a letter, but I don’t live at the listed address?

We use the County Appraisal District as a resource for collecting owner information. If you have received a letter that you feel is incorrect, please contact our codes department at 806-839-2633.

What if I can’t comply within the given time period? Am I able to ask for an extension?

It will depend on the type of violation and where the property is located. Allowing for more time is determined on a case-by-case basis dependent upon the severity of the violation and impact on the community. We try to work with all property owners as much as possible and allowed.